8 EDUCATIONAL FILMS Mental Retardation/Down's Syndrome/Trainables
VIDEOUp for auction is a DVD taken from 16mm transfers of films tackling topics from Caring for the mentally retarded child, down's syndrome, depression, people with differences, etc.....
1. Caring For The Retarded Child 1950's - Oklahoma Dept. of Health, great vintage 50's color film detailing a wonderful nurse and her experiences training a retarded child. Great look at nurse care circa cold war era.
2. Planning For A Place - late 70's - Training film to help find trainables jobs and affordable housing.
3. Down's Syndrome - Story of Paige - 1978 School film, meet Paige who has down's syndrome!
4. I'm Feeling Alone - lots of strange 70's kids singing how scared and lonely they are today.
5. Different Folks - young 70's teen struggles with the fact that his dad works as a housewife.
6. More Than A Promise - another vintage 70's film featuring special education & futuristic methods for caring for the mentally retarded.
7. The Strongest Man - early 80's film about young boy who is extremely embarassed by his wheelchair bound daddy.
8. Splash - late 60's swimming training film for the retardate....lots of water play and LEARN TO FLOAT! An excellent film to help special people learn to participate watersports.
DVD video/90 minutes
8 EDUCATIONAL FILMS Mental Retardation/Down's Syndrome/Trainables $9.99